MU COVID-19 Updates
The Memorial Union will continue to update this page as the COVID-19 situation at Iowa State continues to change. Any questions not answered below can be submitted to us through the Contact Us form, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for your patience as we worked with our campus leadership to address the unprecedented situations that have arisen due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including parking.
Starting today, any student holding a 2019-2020 Annual or Spring 2020 parking permit for the MU Parking Ramp has the ability to request a pro-rated credit for a future parking permit for the ramp, or a pro-rated refund, in the event you will be graduating from ISU or don’t plan to park with us at the MU parking ramp in the future.
If you would like to request a credit/refund, please contact the MU Parking Ramp Manager Kim Hasstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the pro-rated amount that will be credited/refunded back will be as of the date that we received notification that you would like to discontinue your permit.
We appreciate your patience while we worked through this situation, and hope that you will consider parking with us again in the future! Until then we hope that you, your family, and your friends stay safe and healthy.
Questions about the Memorial Union parking ramp? We have some updates.
All events on campus and in the Memorial Union have now been canceled through May 9.
Memorial Union Closed
In an effort to prioritize the safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors amid ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the Memorial Union will close at 7pm today, March 17, 2020, and will remain closed to the public until further notice.
This means there will be no public access to any spaces, departments, or offices in the MU.
The parking ramp will remain open, although there will be no access to the building from the ramp.
The Memorial Union has always been the living room of the Iowa State campus. So during this closure, we will be doing our best to deliver some of your favorite parts of the MU to your own living room.
Stay tuned, stay safe, stay positive, stay informed. The building is closed but our hearts are open, and we'll continue to do what we can to take care of you, our MU community.
- If you are hosting an event that falls between March 23 – April 5 in the MU, please talk with your supervisor about the possibility of canceling or postponing. Proceed with caution if you’re organizing an event that falls after April 5.
- If you have already decided to cancel an event hosted in the building or if you want to move your event to a larger space to maintain social distancing, get in touch with the Event Management office.
- All Recognized Student Organization events and meetings scheduled through April 4 must be canceled, postponed, or virtualized.
MU Event Cancellations/Postponements
- Any media requests regarding the Memorial Union and COVID-19 can be sent to the MU Communications Specialist Kristin Erdman at email@example.com or 515-294-2549.
- We are increasing our efforts of disinfection around the building, both in public spaces and in offices. This includes routinely cleaning tables, door handles, restrooms, and office areas. We are also posting signs about proper handwashing and sanitation techniques around the building.
- Additional hand sanitizers have been placed around the building.
Information on Negative and Stigmatizing Behavior