Plan a Student Event
For ISU students, by ISU students!
Follow these easy steps to plan your event in the Memorial Union as a recognized student organization. Sticking to the timeline noted below will make your event planning a breeze!
Up to one year prior to the event:
1. Submit a room request. Affiliated and Recognized Student Organizations may submit space requests up to one year in advance.
2. Submit the event to the Event Authorization Committee for approval once you have a confirmed room / space reservation, if applicable. Events must be submitted more than 10 business days prior to the event.
3. Work with your event coordinator to determine the specific event schedule, room sets, and event and A.V. equipment needed. Provide an intramural payment to the Event Management Office. Details must be confirmed 10 business days prior to the event.
4. Contact ISU Catering to place your food order. Catering orders must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to the event.
ISU Catering has an exclusive catering contract to provide catering services within the Memorial Union. Groups utilizing MU facilities are not permitted to bring their own food or beverage into the Memorial Union.
5. Follow this link for details for the Iowa State University Memorial Union Facility Use Policy.