MU Reopening Plan
Iowa State Memorial Union Reopening Plan
The Memorial Union is open!
We have missed all of our visitors, and we are so excited to have you back in our halls. We are making every effort to provide a safe and welcoming environment to each of you. The health of our community is a shared responsibility, and we'll do our part to show that Cyclones care.
In accordance with university guidance, face coverings are required in all public and event spaces of the Memorial Union, no exceptions (save accommodations).
- If you are in need of a face covering, they are available in the ISU Bookstore, MU Marketplace, and the vending machine in the Memorial Union.
- Thank you for helping us keep our fellow Cyclones safe and healthy!
NEW HOURS! Memorial Union: Mon-Sat: 7am-10pm, Sun: 11am-10pm
Per University guidelines, please do the following while in the MU
- Wear a face covering
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from others
- Use the provided hand sanitizer as needed
- Follow signs posted
The University's guidance for gatherings is on the Events and Venues section of the COVID-19 response website.
We are dedicated to keeping our events safe for all visitors. We are taking the following precautions to mitigate the risk of COVID-19.
- Face coverings are required at all times.
- All rooms are disinfected before the event and high touch surfaces will be sanitized periodically during the event according to CDC guidelines.
- All event spaces are functioning at 75% capacity and occupancy will be closely monitored.
- Hand sanitizers are located at each entry and throughout the event and Memorial Union.
Please review the Student Org Guidelines as your club begins to make plans for the fall.
Mail & Packages
Fed-Ex: The Fed-Ex drop box just inside the South entrance is open for drop-offs and pick-ups.
UPS: The UPS drop-box near the West entrance is open.
USPS: Post Office window opened August 17. Mail can now be dropped in the USPS drop box and picked up from the PO Boxes.
The MU's custodial team will be following University and CDC sanitation guidelines to deep clean and disinfect our building. This will include bathrooms, high-touch points, public spaces, and meeting rooms.
Iowa State COVID-19 Fall Planning
Learn more about how Iowa State will be opening for the fall.
Give the MU info desk a call at 515.296.6848, or visit our Contact Us form.