Iowa State Memorial Union

Connecting with Students is the Best Part of My Job

Posted on May 13, 2020 at 1:46 PM by Brigitte Milhous

Here are two of my all-time favorite students, Malik and Julian, who have now graduated and are thriving in grad school.

Malik and Julian are just a two of the students I have connected with over the years who found a home in MU Student Activities.  It seems that Student Activities is a busy place and always has something going on. But what inspires me to show up every day to work is the diversity of the students we work with and who consider the East Student Office Space a safe place and second home.

We have students who literally spend hours each day eating lunch, working on school work, and simply hanging out in our space. Connecting with those students is important to make sure that we continue to provide a welcoming environment for them.

I don’t consider connecting with students a task. Connecting with students is the best part of my job, and I love learning more about their backgrounds and cultures. At times, you can walk through our space and hear three different languages and music playing while students are engaged in conversations. We are so lucky that MU Student Activities can provide this space for all students to connect.

Stop by soon! We're across from Panda Express on the first floor of the MU.

Comments
There are no comments yet.
Add Comment

* Indicates a required field

© 2024 Iowa State Memorial Union. All rights reserved.